AMAZING BENEFITS OF BITTER GOURD!
- Treats blood disorders such as blood boils and toxaemia, to solve this problem (mix 2 ounces of bitter gourd with lime juice and consume on an empty stomach for 4-6 months for improvement in health).
- Treats respiratory disorders.
- It contains a rich source of a certain plant insulin (a hypoglycemic compound), this plays a key role in lowering sugar levels in blood and urine. This juice helps in improving blood glucose tolerance.
- Also, bitter gourd treats gout; it is great in cleansing the liver as it flushes out the toxins of the blood circulation. It reduces gout pain, thus providing relief.
- Treats asthma and bronchitis.
- 2 ounces of freshly prepared gourd juice
- Mix with honey in a diluted cup of water
WATCH OUT FOR HARMFUL EFFECTS OF BIITTER GOURD!
Although extremely healthy, more than 2 ounces of bitter gourd juice or consuming more than 2 gourds a day is not advisable; it can cause:
- Abdominal pain and diarrhoea.
- It is a ‘big no no for pregnancy’, as too much tends to stimulate uterus and may lead to preterm labour.
- May cause adverse effects upon the body when consumed with other glucose lowering agents.
- If suffering from glucose 6 phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD), can cause a condition called Favism; if one consumes the seeds of biter gourds.. This condition can cause anaemia, headaches, fever, stomach pain